A few weeks ago, I thought I’d take a stab at a quick music recommendation each Monday, hashtagged #musicmonday. Not “new” as in recently released, necessarily, but more like “new to you”. Or possibly not either of those, but maybe even just a pointer to some good music that you’d forgotten about.
The first five:
- 1st #musicmonday: Deltron 3030 http://open.spotify.com/album/2DjihrD64h6Yw5byJD6d6f not a big rap fan, but: a sci-fi concept album + humor = yes please thank you
- #musicmonday rec: The Cardigans‘ “Gran Turismo” http://open.spotify.com/album/4gNjfAA5axfUEBbHJoAKBO one standout track: “Erase/Rewind” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkv_2fQ-OLU
- #musicmonday rec: Veruca Salt, “American Thighs” http://rd.io/x/QVkeQCJc8dM/ standout track has to be their hit “Seether” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC9AUR-iTo0
- #musicmonday rec: U2‘s first, “Boy” http://rd.io/x/QVkeQCJcKbE/ a bit 80s, but solid songs. standout: An Cat Dubh > Into the Heart > Out of Control
- #musicmonday rec: Massive Attack‘s “Mezzanine” http://rd.io/x/QVkeQCJcZgo/ standout track (and video): “Angel” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbe3CQamF8k
I’ve been enjoying it, but the 140-character limit has kept me from adding more about why I like each recommendation, or what I like about it. Meanwhile, here’s this blog, with nothing much going on most of the time. . . so here we go (see next post for this week’s pick).